Top 2 take aways:
1. Fail fast / fix Early. Old school often puts more weight on forms, procedures and meetings than on visible value creation. Work that does not produce real value is crazy and wasted time. Working project in short cycles allows feedback and you can optimize effort and eliminate waste.
2. Hesitation is death. Observe ,Orient, Decide, Act. Know where you are, assess your options , make a decision and act!
Overview of areas covered.
- Planning/ Priorities –
- Review and adapt from initial plan
- Learning and flowing
- Focus on Value
- Using the 80/20 rule to get most results
- Teams get it done, focus on improving the team’s performance – Cross- functionality, autonomy, transcendence, fixing systems, and using small teams.
- Minimize Waste
- Do one thing at a time
- Minimize work-in-Progress
- Do things right the first time
- Facilitate small improvements
- Measure output
- Remove impediments to Flow
- Growth and Happiness – People are happier when they perform better, focus on small improvements, build trust and transparency.
Get it at Amazon