For a really quick overview of what the Entrepreneurial Operating system (EOS) this book is great. It is written for employees whose leaders have decided to implement the EOS. It covers the 6 key components of the system.
- Vision – Getting everyone going in the right direction and focused on a few key goals.
- People – Making sure you have the right people in the right seat.
- Data – Using scorecards with measurables to keep track of progress and hold each other accountable.
- Issues – Building an open and honest list of issues, and disciplined way to prioritize and solve them.
- Process – Establishing a consistent way of doing the company’s operations effectively and efficiently.
- Traction – Discipline, execution, and accountability for 90 day goals (called ROCKS) and an environment (L10 meetings) to solve issues and stay connected as a team.
Amazon Description: What the Heck is EOS? is for the millions of employees in companies running their businesses on EOS (Entrepreneurial Operating System). An easy and fast read, this book answers the questions many employees have about EOS and their company:
- What is an operating system?
- What is EOS and why is my company using it?
- What are the EOS foundational tools and how do they impact me?
- What’s in it for me?
Designed to engage employees in the EOS process and tools, What the Heck is EOS? uses simple, straightforward language and provides questions about each tool for managers and employees to discuss creating more ownership and buy-in at the staff level. After reading this book, employees will not only have a better understanding of EOS but they will be more engaged, taking an active role in helping achieve your company’s vision.